Saturday, January 03, 2004

helloyvetty

"Helloyvetty" came about while I was living in Phoenix. I was at the mall with a couple of friends and since I really love Hello Kitty we went to the Sanrio store. We were browsing and they had barely installed one of those machines where you take a picture and it prints onto stickers. We took a picture were we had Hello Kitty's ears, bow, nose, and whiskers placed over our faces. When the stickers were printed, it turned out that I was the only one who didn't move and have the nose cover my eyes or something. Still, we showed the stickers to a few other friends and one of them scratched out "kitty" and wrote "yvetty" below the picture. For the next few weeks, he'd say "Hello, yvett-y." whenever he'd see me. It caught on to some other friends and after a while I just started drawing Hello Kitty and writing "helloyvetty" instead. I kept doing it even after I left Arizona. Then I used it as my email address, screen name, and now as the title of my blog. It doesn't mean anything and I'm not saying hello to myself. For those of you who wanted an explanation, there it is. I'm sorry if the story isn't interesting but if you want to think that helloyvetty is like my stagename, alterego, or secret agent name, go right ahead. Whatever keeps you coming back to read. As for now, good night. Oh, I almost forgot (again) to wish everyone a very happy new year! Happy New Year. Better late than never.

feeling: sleepy
watching: The Real World New Orleans marathon

No comments: