Sunday, January 11, 2004

house of sand and fog

Yesterday I watched the Critic's Choice awards. I have to admit that I'm an awards show junkie. The people and movies that I thought would win pretty much did. I haven't seen "Monster" as it has not yet opened in my city, but from what I've seen, I think that Charlize Theron did an amazing job. I can't wait to see it! I thought Sean Penn would win and I also thought that LOTR would win a lot of things. I think the Oscars will be pretty much the same. They HAVE to award LOTR now since it is the last one. Don't get me wrong, I think the whole trilogy is great, but there won't be anymore, so its now or never. I read House of Sand and Fog about three years ago and I loved it! Sir Ben Kingsley was nominated for best actor for this movie. I haven't seen this movie either. It opened the Friday after Christmas but it was either shown here for like half a day or it wasn't shown here at all. Its times like these that I wish I lived in a place a little more artsy.

Looking over different sites for ideas for Denise's wedding, I came across an Asian themed wedding page. I honestly feel like getting married just to have an Asian wedding. It has all sorts of favors like silk fortune cookies and different colored chopsticks. There are also little bags to fill with good luck coins. My mind is going crazy trying to come up with a good reason to throw my Asian party. Brianna is going to be graduating (from Pre-K) this June. I was thinking of an Asian party maybe to wish her good luck as she starts her education journey. Yes, then I'd make little invitations as a scroll or attached to a fan. Is that too much? Yay! Another party project! That is it for today.

feeling: creative
listening to: La Ley (Mentira)

No comments: