Thursday, February 26, 2004

yvett the zombie/ thursday threesome

yvett the zombie
Alex and Lora have both mentioned that their daughters were sick within this past week. Brianna had a little bit of a cough on Tuesday and I didn't send her to school but last night Alec was really sick. He kept on coughing and throwing up phlegm. Since he is only 8 months old, every time he would do this, he would cry. Plus he just wanted to be held. He would fall asleep but as soon as we'd put him in his crib, he'd wake up. I got about an hour and a half sleep last night. This morning I couldn't even focus and I felt like a zombie all day. I was putting away a pitcher of tea in a cabinet instead of the refrigerator. I went back to my grandma's because she always has all sorts of herbs for whatever ailment we may have. She made an oregano tea for Alec which is supposed to cure coughs. I think it really helped. Thankfully he is doing a whole lot better today. He slept a lot and I think that helped. He looked so comfortable sleeping like a little frog that I was longing to do the same thing. I would've napped too but I decided to add sequins to the fish costume and it is taking so long to to sew them all on. By the say, thanks to Lora for sending me a sketch of a fish. I gave up for the evening because my eyes are hurting now. What better way to rest my eyes than to come stare at a computer screen. :P I think I'll do what Rodrigo is doing and drink a huge cup of coffee. I hope you all have a good night (or a good day if it's daytime when you read this) and hope that no one else gets sick.

Thursday Threesome
::Choreography: The art of symbolically representing dancing::

Onesome- Choreography: What do you choreograph in your life? Your morning routine? The dinner ritual? How you study?
-Everyday I promise myself how I'm going to accomplish a lot that day and not run late. Then I end up running around at the last minute trying to get everyone ready and out the door in time. While i'm driving hoping to make it in time I swear that I won't do the same thing tomorrow but it's always the same.


Twosome- The art of symbolically: Art? Hmmmm... Sure, what do you like to have? ...or do you? ...but how about that little symbol you keep on your desk or headboard? The one you keep because??? I mean, if you can share that...
-Ok, not just because she is my daughter but Brianna has a real talent for art. She has a lot of sketchbooks she draws in and I keep them all after she fills them in. Her father drew and painted really well. I keep an angel painting he made for her before she was born because I'm sure she'll appreciate than when she's older.


Threesome- representing dancing: No, not 'do you dance?' (although that's fine too!); rather, which type(s) of dancing will you stop and watch for a moment? Ballroom? Swing? Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey?
-I did Mexican Folklorico dancing for about 12 years so I like watching that. I love dancing. Any type of music, I love it. I like to watch people dance at weddings especially older people. I think it is very cute.

feeling: half asleep
listening to: 10,000 Maniacs (More than this)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sewing sequins


No comments: