Tuesday, April 20, 2004

hello!

Hello all my online buddies! I've missed reading your pages. So, I used to be very consistent in updating my blog, but lately I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day to do all I have to do! I wish I had super powers and I could just freeze time for a couple of hours and do stuff. Last Thursday was the only evening that I really had time to waste and all I did was o.d. on reality tv. I watched American Idol, Survivor All-Stars and the Apprentice. This past weekend we bought a car. Yea! I finally have another car. Yes, the minivan got me around but I'm just not a "minivan" type of girl. I'm now driving around in a Honda Civic which is still not as sporty as I would like but I don't mind since I'm a mom now. Today I got all the insurance stuff settled and I think we're good to go.
Brianna has had a huge load of homework. You'd think that a five year old pre-k student wouldn't have homework. I guess she doesn't in a way. It's more like work for me. This weekend she had "the literacy bag" to turn in on Monday. She has a "letter B" project to turn in tomorrow, a "trike-a-thon" on Friday, a "Day of the Young Child" celebration on the 30th in which I have to read books in English & Spanish to the students or do some face painting, and the "Wee Wizards" science fair the first week of May. I've been spending time online trying to find a suitable project for her. I've found a lot of interesting ones but they seem a bit complicated for a five year old. Plus, she has to make a 3-5 minute presentation, so I want to make sure she understands. If any of you have any ideas, please share. Oh! I also have a "Building Self-Esteem" seminar on Thursday at her school. Whew, I don't remember being this busy at that age. Oh well, that's what I get for wanting to be involved.
Anyway, that's what I've been doing. Plus, yesterday I spent the day at my grandma's "helping" her make gorditas. Ok, it was more like helping her eat them, but I had every intention of helping her make them. I wanted to learn, but it's just too much work. She makes them from scratch and they're the real kind not at all like those wraps they sell at Taco Bell and call gorditas. In the short while that I was there, she made the gorditas, some meat and beans to fill them with, fideo, chicharrones in a green chile sauce, salsa, and salad. It would've taken me all day to make just one of those things. Anyway, I want to take some time to catch up on memes and catch up on reading your blogs. Ahhh. It's good to be here again.

Unconscious Mutterings
I say ... and you think ... ?

-Virginia: Wolfe
-Soft: velvet
-Carol: Christmas
-Vanity: Fair
-Feminist: lesbian (sorry, that was my first thought)
-Alias: Jennifer Garner
-Coward: cartoon (dog)
-Beer: suds
-Chance: meeting
-Honest: Abe

Monday Madness
Pick a letter; any letter.........Got one?
.....
.....
.....
.....
Ok, for the following questions, each of your answers must begin with the letter you chose.......Have fun!! =)

1. If you were limited to 3 things to pack for an overnight trip, what would you pack?
-sweater, socks, sneakers
2. What 3 things would you pack in your picnic basket?
-snacks, soup, saltines
3. What are 3 things you'd rather do than go to work?
-sleep, snore, shower
4. Name 1 song.
-Sweet Home Alabama
5. Name 1 movie.
-Sleeping Beauty

Tuesday Twosome
Would you rather...

1. Win the lottery or have a guarantee that your family would be together forever?
-A guarantee that my family would be together forever.

2. Have a makeover for yourself or for a dear friend?
-sorry, but for myself. "None of my friends need a makeover".

3. Work out at the gym or have plastic surgery to remove the "ick"?
-if price were not an option, plastic surgery

4. If you are single or when your were single, would you rather have a blind date or go out with a someone you are friend with first?
-friend. Any boyfriend I've had has been a friend first

5. Win an Extreme makeover or an Extreme Home makeover?
-if I weren't leasing, a home makeover

TV Tuesday
1. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop?
-Detectives Benson & Stabler from Law & Order SVU

2. Which TV cop do you think was the most crooked, or the most inept?
-Don Knotts in the Andy Griffith Show. His name was Barney, no? Sorry, I never saw it.

3. Which TV show had the best ensemble cast of police officers?
-Any of the Law & Order shows. I love them all!

~Bonus~ You need to hire a bodyguard for yourself. Which TV cop do you choose?
-Detective Tuttuola (Ice-T) from Law & Order SVU. He looks like he'd beat anyone up.

What's on... right now?
What's On your keychain Right Now?
-I've never kept a lot of keys on a keychain or kept a bunch of keychains. My keychain is really cute. Brianna brought it to me from Disneyland last summer (I couldn't go because I was busy having a baby). It is one big star with Sleeping Beauty's castle, three little stars, and Tinkerbell hanging from the star. From the castle I have the key to my mom's house, from the three stars, the key to my house, and from Tinkerbell the key to my car (um, my *new* Civic). The only other thing is a clasp that fits into the diaper bag. I hook it onto there and ALWAYS know where my keys are!


feeling: I like Rodrigo
watching: Conan O'Brien
what I should be doing instead of blogging: nothing. I should be blogging

No comments: