Wednesday, June 16, 2004

update

As much as I say that I'm going to write everyday, this week has just been impossible for me. I finally found a job and I just started training. I was lucky to find somewhere that I could work evenings and weekends that isn't like a restaurant or something. I was being so picky, I was sure I'd end up working some minumum wage job. Luckily, I'm not. It's going very well. The one thing that concerns me a bit is the dress code. I'm not to break it, but I don't have too many clothes that fall into dress code standards. We have to wear dresses or skirts with hose or tights. The only pants that we may wear are dress trousers with a coordinating jacket which must be worn at all times. No capri pants. No open toe shoes. All shoes must have at least a strap in the back. No sleeveless outfits. No capri pants. Absolutely no denim. No khakis. No sandals. Guys have to wear a tie and jacket at all times. I've built up an "office wardrobe" for the past few years but for summer I have a lot of sleeveless pant suits and summer dresses. Oh well. I'll stop for now because I'm going to finish cleaning up. I'd forgotten how much work it is to keep a clean house and work away from home. ARGH!

feeling: tired
listening to: Bush (Greedy Fly)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: washing dishes

No comments: