Tuesday, November 22, 2005

nightline

I honestly don't know how long it's been since I've seen Nightline. It's just one of those programs that you don't watch for years but when you look for it, it's still there. I had no idea that tonight would be Ted Koppel's last show. How sad. When I read that his last show tonight will focus on Morrie Schwartz, I thought there's no way I'm missing this. I didn't catch this series back in 1995 when they were first aired. Mitch Albom, who was one of Morrie's former students caught these shows, got back in touch with Morrie and started weekly meeting with him before Mr. Schwartz died of Lou Gehrig's disease. Then again, all of you who've read Tuesdays With Morrie already know this. "Tuesdays" is one of the saddest, loveliest books I've ever read. I really want to see footage of the man who gave these lessons. Those of you who've read The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Well, I just wanted to let you guys know. I'm going to miss Ted Koppel now that he won't be on.

feeling: super busy
listening to: NPR
what I should be doing instead of blogging: mopping

No comments: