Monday, December 12, 2005

weekend recap

My weekend was good. A real downer was that we don't get any good movies around here. This Friday I was excited about movie openings. Neither Memoirs of a Geisha nor Brokeback Mountain opened here in my city. ARGH! We were seriously considering driving to Phoenix to go to the movies. Then we just got busy doing stuff around the house.
I finally wrote out all my Christmas cards and we decorated the house. The house looks so nice and festive. The kids were really excited. This is the first year I have a chimney and so the stockings are where they should be. The mantel looks really nice. We have a Christmukah tree since Brianna made and put up some Star of David ornaments. How cute.
This Saturday while working around the house, I caught up on music videos. Aish, I am sooooooooo over Gwen Stefani. What's going on with her? I loved No Doubt and their ska/punk style but now she just seems so, I don't know, ghetto. In that new video "Luxurious", she gets some super tacky nails and is spraying her hair like we did in middle school. I was over her when she came out with that Hollaback song. I mean, she was in her mid 20's when I was still a teenager and now she's dressed like a cheerleader and singing a "Mickey" style song? Come on. You're NOT in high school anymore. I just wonder what poor Gavin thinks of all this. Or the other No Doubt guys. They would've never recorded these type of songs with her. Ok, enough ranting about that.
I also saw that Post Secret is huge now. Not only is there a book out now, but I also saw that there's a music video featuring some of the post cards. It's a song called Dirty Little Secret by All-American Rejects but I can't find a link to it.
Well, that's about it for now. Time to go to the post office. . . .

feeling: cold!
watching: The Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: leaving the house

No comments: