Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 Meme

I just received this email and I've already seen this meme in a couple of blogs, so now it's my turn. I'm not going to forward it this time but post the answers here instead. Play along. . .

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
We bought a house and started making MORTGAGE payments.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Uh, not really. Each year I resolve to get really organized but I never seem to be. I think it's funny how I can be so organized at work but out of work I'm always running around like crazy and can't remember anything.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Bloggy friends Leslie and Jenn. No babies I know in person.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. Well, Mexico but that can't count because I live on the border.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More time, more money. We were very blessed in 2005 and it's not like we were lacking money but we could definately use more.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh gosh, I hardly remember dates but I remember events. Alec turning two, the day we closed on the house, moving (becaase it sucked) Thanksgiving and Christmas since it was the first time I hosted, Brianna turning seven.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know, I didn't do anything really grand.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing my time wisely.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Flu and the likes but nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The house, my iPod although both technically were bought by Rodrigo.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. Yes, mine because I manage to be patient.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some people that I have to deal with at work and well, the president.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The house, the kids, gasoline.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The house. House hunting was so exciting and when we finally found this one we were ecstatic!

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Greenday's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" because it was ALWAYS on, NIN's "Only" because I liked it a lot. Also Persephone's Bees' "City of Love" and Travis' "Sing". The lovely Giao send me a mix cd for my birthday and I was listening to it NONSTOP. I remember when we were moving and I was driving back and forth. Whenever I think of that, I get those songs in my head.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a. I was happy last year and I'm happy now but since I'm not sadder, I have to say happier
b. also about the same. Oh wait, thinner because on New Year's Eve I wore some pants that weren't fitting me anymore.
c. poorer because of mortgage and taxes

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
organizing and spending time at home

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
driving and working

20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
We were at my mom's house for dinner

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
nope. I won't say any sappy comment like "more in love. . . "

22. How many one-night stands?
Ha! none.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. Hate the same people (heh, heh).

25. What was the best book you read?
So many good books but probably The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
(other books I read and loved this year were Memoirs if a Geisha, The Kitchen God's Wife and The Time Travelers Wife)

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Uh, I can't think of something new that I really love. The last new artist I've loved was Maroon 5 but it wasn't 2005. I like lots of new artist but not like "I have to run out and buy this". Rodrigo liked The Killers. Were 2005 or 2004?

27. What did you want and got?
an iPod. a house (yes, it's almost all my answers)

28. What did you want and not get?
U2 tickets

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Crash even though it's now on "Worst movies" lists. Oh, and March of the Penguins, awwww.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday was on a Monday. I worked and Rodrigo showed up and surprised me with gifts. I turned 29. Drat!

31.What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying?
My kiddies. They make everything interesting.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
boring banker most days. Lots of black, pearls as much as I could and cute short hair.

33. What kept you sane?
Rodrigo, of course, caffeine and my bathtub.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Which celeb do I fancy? Cillian Murphy, Gael Garcia Bernal, Ralph Fiennes, Collin Firth and my long time boyfriend, Johnny Depp

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'd rather not answer. I tend to get very riled up on political talk.

36. Who did you miss?
My friend Liz after she moved

37. Who was the best new person you met?
A couple of coworkers also a few that I would've rather not met :P
I also made lots of new bloggy friends.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Patience is a virtue.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I have found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand…

-Coldplay (Speep of Sound)

Whew, that was long. Have a good day, all!

feeling: warm
listening to: U2 (Yahweh)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: calling back my mom

No comments: