Thursday, February 05, 2004

what was i thinking?

Today I woke up feeling like supergirl or something because I made some grandious plans. As I was working I thought, "Today, I'll work, then wake Alec, feed him, take Brianna to school, go to the store with Alec, buy items needed to make potato salad, macaroni salad, chicken salad, and cake, get home, do a couple of loads of laundry, feed Alec, boil potatoes, boil macaroni, cut up vegetables, pick up Brianna, feed Alec, finish making the salads, bake a cake, wash dishes, feed Alec, put away laundry, bathe Brianna, bathe Alec, put them to bed, then get back on the computer. I forgot to add to that list, "by the way, I'm a huge procrastinator so while at the store, I'll start looking at things that I don't need, I'll get home and notice that I have new email and decide to check it, once I'm there, I'll check on my favorite blogs to see if they've been updated, I'll find something I like and stay on the computer way longer than anticipated, then I'll be running around trying to get everything done at the last minute. I started making the food and so there was no turning back. I made all three salads from scratch and also baked a cake. I don't remember when the last time was that I chopped so much. Once I start cooking, I remember that I'm not like my grandma who can whip an entire meal in no time. Oh well, everything came out good but now I think I made too much, Guess what we're eating tomorrow and the day after that.

feeling: tired
watching: The Perfect Murder
what I should be doing instead of blogging: washing dishes

No comments: