Monday, January 12, 2004

my neighbors

I love the neighborhood that I moved into. It is very residential, pretty houses, and quiet. There is a park about three blocks away and a mall, Pier 1, Target, and all sorts of restaurants about a five minute drive away. I love it! There is one thing that really bothers me, though. I don't know my neighbors and I'm sure that they are good people, but they have the most ridiculous lawn decoration imaginable. You see, in their front yard, they have 6 toilets. Yes, toilets. They use them as planters and have little flowers flowing out of them. I have to admire their creativity, but they just look soooooo horrible. Maybe I'll go over and offer take them to a museum or something. Anything to get rid of them. Oh well, I guess different people have different perceptions of art and beauty.

I came across a page called My Pet Fat today. I think this is hilarious! The concept is that you carry around this fake fat as a pet in order to remember that you want to lose weight. I wonder if it works. I guess by the same rational, someone could carry around a picture of themselves where they think they look fat. Anyone who has tried this pet fat thing, please let me know! That's all for now! Bye!

feeling: confused about toilets as decorations
listening to: Natalie Merchant (Jealousy)

No comments: