Thursday, November 17, 2005

upside down tree

I just heard about this a few days ago and really, I couldn't believe it. All I keep asking is, "Why?". I don't get it. Why would anyone want to have an upside down Christmas tree? Is this a sign of protest or are people just wanting to be trendy? I thought it was a joke until I heard it on NPR. Apparently, these things are hot and are selling out all over the place. Really? Would you really want one of those? I've never seen one in person. Does anyone know someone who has one of these. I think they're, well, too much. I'm not talking about a religious view, although I can see how someone would see this as blasphemous. I just think they look silly. If I went to someone's house and they had this, I'd think they were weird. I can already imagine if I had one my poor grandma would be making the sign of the cross and sprinkling holy water. Hee, hee. (like if she carries holy water everywhere she goes)

Ok, well, in other news, it is finally cold enough here to be able to turn on the heater. My dad came over and he and Rodrigo cleaned out the furnace yesterday. It was nice and cozy all night. I must have breathed in some fumes or something because when I was supposed to be falling asleep I kept being overly silly. I was saying "It's people! Soylent Green is people!" I wouldn't let Rodrigo sleep then I started acting like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. I was saying things like "I'm just a caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me." Rodrigo was half asleep and was getting mad. Then I woke him up to talk about Phil Hartman and how much I liked him. Poor Rodrigo. Now I feel bad. Well, I have to keep working on getting this house spic and span before I have these guests over. . .

feeling: warm!
watching: The Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: cleaning the light switchplates. they all have fingerprints on them.

No comments: