Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Rodrigo loves me

Back in my late teens and early 20's I could somehow justify spending a lot of money on clothes, shoes, and purses. Now, I just end up feeling guilty if I even consider it. I can always think of a million things I'd rather do. You know there's always something that the kids need or that we need for the home. Also, I hate credit cards (debit cards are your friends, people) and the mere idea of charging shoes or a purse and then thinking of how much it will really cost drives me batty.
Anyway, I received a parcel yesterday. Rodrigo bought me a Prada purse. (in my best Al Pacino. . . ) "Say hell-o to my l'il fren".........



I'm thinking of wearing it on a chain around my neck. Flava Flav style. What do you think? Either that or covering it up in clear plastic like my grandma covers her chairs. Aww.... gifts for no reason are the absolute best! I should also frame my new baby's birth certificate.



You can tell I'm a big dork that doesn't own anything Prada because I feel like walking around and sticking my purse in people's faces while saying things like "Bam!", "Do you like apples? How do you like them apples?", or "What do you think of that, beyotch?". You get the gist. Ha! I can just imagine.

FYI: Prada purses and accesories are on tremendous sale at Amazon.

feeling: too proud of my new purse
listeing to: Shivaree (Goodnight Moon)

6 comments:

Yvett said...

I know what you mean, Jess. I'm not into buying designer things but I was very happy to receive it. There are people who wear head to toe brand name and well, that's just not me. Still, I LOVE, LOVE my purse.

foodiechickie said...

LooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! That was a freaking funny post!! The funniest I read in a long time anywhere.
Surprises like that are awesome!

Ani

Yvett said...

Ani, you of all people can understand me on this issue. We both love good deals. I would've never bought this for myself but now that I have it, I want the world to know!

foodiechickie said...

:) You betcha! Glad Beta is making it easier for both bloggers to comment.

Michelle said...

i'm so jealous! that's so great to be surprised, and with something so fab. go and enjoy it!

Lisanne said...

That's really cool! How nice of him! Glad you're enjoying your new purse! I don't own anything Prada, hehe :)