Tuesday, November 28, 2006

NaNoWriMo & NaBloPoMo

I relieved that I there are only a few days left for NaBloPoMo. While I actually wouldn't mind posting everyday, I hate feeling like I have to do something. I know I didn't actually have to, but I did sign up and I've done it so far.
It is also now safe to say that I've failed miserably at NaNoWriMo. I started out really well. I had a topic I thought was amazing and wrote well. Then I got stuck. I couldn't think of anything else. I wrote all I thought I could and wasn't even halfway done. So I just stopped writing for several days. After that I thought the topic I'd loved so much at first maybe wasn't so good afterall. When I finally convinced myself that it was right, it was time to get ready to leave town. I haven't written since. I might try again next year since I have a base to go from now.
I know a lot of people just write anything on there just to get the word count, but it didn't seem right. Also, I still have to say that I think November is a horrible month to do this. Is it really only college kids that participate? Even then, don't they go home for Thanksgiving? I don't know. I guess if you have a really firm grasp on what it is you want to write, it becomes more doable. I feel bad because I soooooo wanted to do this this year. Well, I actually tried this year. Oh well. Wah! :(

Ok, I'm stopping now. I'm messing with Photoshop and am terribly frustrated. I made a border on a picture but when I try saving the picture, the border doesn't appear. Does anyone know how to fix this?

feeling: frustrated
listening to: Incubus (A Kiss to Send Us Off)

2 comments:

Jesser said...

Ha! I can definitely beat you on NaNoWriMo!! I didn't write a SINGLE WORD. I really wanted to do it this year, but between my grandma passing, holiday stuff and work and lack of inertia, I failed miserably. I don't know when I'll do it, because I'd really like to do it at some time, but this just wasn't the year.

There are so many ways to do borders, etc. in photoshop that I can't really tell without more info. If you can't figure it out, you can email me the image and give me more details ...

Yvett said...

I was actually making a banner. I made the banner with an illo on the left side. Everything was good. I made a new layer via copy, went into the blending options, clicked on stroke, changed the settings to Size: 7px, Position: Inside, Blend Mode: Normal, Opacity: 100%, Fill Type: Color and entered the color I picked. All this worked and it is still there when I open it in photoshop but the border is missing when I saved the image. If this doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry. All I know about photoshop is from playing around with it, so I'm probably doing it wrong. I gave up last night but I'm going to try again right now.