Tuesday, November 28, 2006

NaNoWriMo & NaBloPoMo

I relieved that I there are only a few days left for NaBloPoMo. While I actually wouldn't mind posting everyday, I hate feeling like I have to do something. I know I didn't actually have to, but I did sign up and I've done it so far.
It is also now safe to say that I've failed miserably at NaNoWriMo. I started out really well. I had a topic I thought was amazing and wrote well. Then I got stuck. I couldn't think of anything else. I wrote all I thought I could and wasn't even halfway done. So I just stopped writing for several days. After that I thought the topic I'd loved so much at first maybe wasn't so good afterall. When I finally convinced myself that it was right, it was time to get ready to leave town. I haven't written since. I might try again next year since I have a base to go from now.
I know a lot of people just write anything on there just to get the word count, but it didn't seem right. Also, I still have to say that I think November is a horrible month to do this. Is it really only college kids that participate? Even then, don't they go home for Thanksgiving? I don't know. I guess if you have a really firm grasp on what it is you want to write, it becomes more doable. I feel bad because I soooooo wanted to do this this year. Well, I actually tried this year. Oh well. Wah! :(

Ok, I'm stopping now. I'm messing with Photoshop and am terribly frustrated. I made a border on a picture but when I try saving the picture, the border doesn't appear. Does anyone know how to fix this?

feeling: frustrated
listening to: Incubus (A Kiss to Send Us Off)

1 comment:

Yvett said...

I was actually making a banner. I made the banner with an illo on the left side. Everything was good. I made a new layer via copy, went into the blending options, clicked on stroke, changed the settings to Size: 7px, Position: Inside, Blend Mode: Normal, Opacity: 100%, Fill Type: Color and entered the color I picked. All this worked and it is still there when I open it in photoshop but the border is missing when I saved the image. If this doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry. All I know about photoshop is from playing around with it, so I'm probably doing it wrong. I gave up last night but I'm going to try again right now.