Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"classic" yvett

Here is yet another reason as to why I'm old . . . I LOVE watching VH1 Classic. I first started watching when I caught The Alternative. If you love alternative music from the late 80's - early 90's, you have to watch this. I also love that they show the old pop-up video shows. I was watching last night and caught a Classic Albums show. I watched U2 explain the making of The Joshua Tree. For being such a U2 fan, I have to admit that I'd never seen this before. I learned some things that I didn't know. It sort of made me wish I still played "U2 trivia".

Anyway, I can't believe a lot of what they show here is considered "classic". You know they just mean "old". I would understand some of the things from the 70's that they play, but Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, and Sonic Youth? Really? Am I that old?

feeling: old, I guess
listening to: Gomez (See The World)

2 comments:

foodiechickie said...

Oh I hear ya Yvett I hear ya. I wonder if the generation who enjoyed 70's music as themselves the same question. I think they do.

Yvett said...

My mom liked all that 70's things and yes, she feels the same way. The difference is that it is now old enough to be cool again. We're not there yet.