A lady I know always talks to me as if we were in the middle of a conversation. I love it! Of course, I love it mainly because it amuses me. We know each other casually; not enough to call each other up. I wish we would, though. I'd love to pick up the phone and have her talk to me like she does.
So, the kids and I are the grocery store picking out produce. She was there but I hadn't seen her. Then she came up behind me and said something like "well I had to come back because I was here earlier and didn't buy what I came for". I laughed and said I hated when that happened to me. The thing is that I laughed because she startled me and started off as though we'd already greeted each other. My theory is that she does this because she's always in a hurry. By the time I answered, she was already walking away. I figure she doesn't have the time to properly begin or end conversations.
At home I told Rodrigo about it and he said I do that too. I suppose I do, but only with him. Even then if I start talking about something it's about something that we had already started talking about. Even if it was days earlier. (Hence his usual question, "you're still with that?) Anyway, I'll tell you stuff that's happened here in the last few days already begun.
- but he said he didn't like snakes anymore and we had to do another project.
- they were cheaper because I can fit into children's size shoes.
- and that's why I only have 7 hours left to record on DVR.
- she pretty much made me explain why I wear the clothes I wear if I don't work.
- because he says he wants his hair as long as Joe Jonas.
- so I guess I'll find out what new phone I'll have once I get it in the mail.
- that's why I think the dog is obsessed with him.
feeling: hungry . . what time is it, anyway?
listening to: Zoot Sims Quartet (Blinuet) <-- I call this "Badger's song"