Monday, March 30, 2009

knock knock. who's there? KGB.

The art of the knock, knock joke is completely lost on Alec. He just doesn't get the concept. Brianna tried to teach him for a while even providing one of her own for him to use. Here it is as she told it to him . . .
Knock, knock
who's there?
buck
buck who?
buck, buck. I'm a chicken

Here's what he turned it into . .
knock, knock
who's there?
buck
buck who?
chicken to eat at my house and stay home

See? Lost cause. He loves them, though and what's more is that he thinks his versions are hilarious. I, being the mom, have to force smile/laugh at his jokes. Brianna, on the other hand says they're not funny, then he says they are, they fight, well, you know the rest.
This past Friday, Alec had two friends over. One is his age, one is a year older. They started telling knock, knock jokes and they all told them the same wrong way. See, what I now get is the longer and sillier it is, the funnier it is. Oh, and it really helps if it ends in something about a butt or a fart. Some of their jokes were something like . . .
knock, knock
who's there?
Anakin
Anakin who?
Anakin who doesn't know how to use a light saber and then he tried but he fell on his butt

Bwah, ha, ha, ha!!!!!! They would burst into laughter and went on and on for a few minutes. I was laughing too because of the fact that none of them knew how to tell a proper knock, knock joke. Well, they thought I was laughing at the actual jokes and went on. -sigh-
Here's the kind I like . . .


feeling: I wish I had a maid
listening to: Seether (Careless Whisper)

No comments: