Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Reasons my blog is neglected

1. I'm busy. I know that's a lame excuse, but it really is the truth. It turns out it doesn't make a difference whether the kids are in school or not, I'm still busy doing things with and for them.

2. Facebook. Ugh, I wonder how many blogs this social network has ruined. It's sooooo much easier to just write a little condensed version of what you were going to say anyway and get it out to practically the same people. Seriously, if I were Blogger, I'd be looking to buy out Facebook and the likes.

3. Brianna. Oh. My. Goodness. My daughter has me living through things that I am absolutely not ready for. I can tell you that this definitely requires its own post, but to summarize . . . there is a boy that likes her, she likes him back, it is to the point that his parents have called and come over and the boy gave her a pair of earrings. They're 10 years old. Ten, not 17.

4. My kids have taken over the computer. Whether they're on Webkinz or Club Penguin, they're almost always on. It doesn't even help that we have a notebook, because Rodrigo is always with his iPhone app project things that are running or something when he's not home.

-sigh- How many more days until the kids go back to school? Oh, that's right, they've only been out a little over a week. Then again, when they go back, they'll both be in full day classes. What will I do then?

feeling: ohmygoodnessitissohothere
listening to: Jonas Brothers (Paranoid) <-- something about this song reminds me of Blur's Girls & Boys

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome back, Yvett! It's hard to keep up on a blog when life just keeps you busy. Post when you can. We'd love to hear what you've been up to. And I agree, FB is just too easy, but don't think it'll replace the blog completely.

Jesser said...

Argh!! Brianna can't be doing that stuff YET!?!?! YIKES. Scary. Busy busy busy ... I completely understand. ;)