Tuesday, December 23, 2003

last minute shopper

All of my cute little DIY crafty gifts have been made and decorated since about a week ago. Unfortunately, not everyone on my list appreciates things like made-over altoid tins filled with marble magnets. So, in keeping with my tradition of procrastination, I went Christmas shopping today. Through all my scouring and sifting,though, I was actually able to find some pretty decent gifts. Yay me. I wouldn't mind receiving any of these things myself so I think I did a good job. I left the mall feeling pretty proud and was actually in a good mood when some lady decided to not obey a stop sign and cut a couple of us off almost causing an accident. Now, this wasn't a crazy looking lady or wild teenager. Instead she was a sensible looking lady in a nice-looking family car. I thought it was pretty horrible how something that should be a nice experience such as shopping for others can sometimes turn into something so undesireable that it brings out the worst in some people. Anyway, I decided to once again vow to get all my shopping done early next year so that I can avoid stressed out shoppers and scenes like this. Maybe next year I'll really keep my vow.

mood: looking forward to the new year
listening to: Garbage (Cherry Lips)

No comments: