Wednesday, December 24, 2003

taking a break from gift wrapping

I guess the downside of being the "oh-so-creative" person in my family is that everyone needs help at holidays. Now, don't misunderstand, I don't mind. In fact, I even enjoy wrapping gifts and making gift baskets but I was given all of my family's gifts today and I'm expected to "make something pretty" by tomorrow. I need to make gift bags for my mom from my dad, a gift basket from my dad to my mom, wrap all the gifts that my grandmother will be giving etc. etc. I got inspired by pulling out my paper, boxes of ribbon and different baskets. So I'm going to end up making nice arrangements for everyone and the gifts to me (which I wasn't given to wrap) will be the only ones just wrapped in paper. Does that make me sound whiny?
I added an entry to the mayfly project today. Reading over the other entries I noticed that most of them were pretty depressing. It made me think of "A Long December". I usually love that song but since I feel that this was a really good year, it doesn't apply. Along with that I noticed that I'm too happy to write really well. If everything is going as good as it is right now, my writing suffers. If I'm being tragically misunderstood or feeling unbearably lonely then I'll write the best. I'm willing to be a mediocre writer for now, though. I don't want to change anything in my life. So, I guess I'll go back to wrapping now and for that I need to step away from my computer. Good night.

mood: not depressed enough
listening to: Counting Crows (A Long December)

No comments: