Monday, January 19, 2004

i love my tv

I'm a huge TV dork. I actually look forward to the premieres of certain shows. Tonight, I wanted to watch American Idol, the season finale of The Gauntlet, Bands Reunited, and My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee. Now, I don't have TIVO and I really didn't want to record these shows. I caught American Idol. I definately enjoy watching the auditions. I can not understand why some people get angry or upset when they're told they can't sing. Do they really not know? I mean, I know that I sing horribly and therefore wouldn't go make a fool of myself on TV. Surely I don't need Simon to tell me that I can't sing. My friend Bonnie wanted to go audition. She sings alright but not well enough to win American Idol (sorry, Bonnie). I think she drove her boyfriend crazy last season by practicing singing all around their apartment.
I used to obsessed with The Real World and Road Rules, but I think I outgrew them. All I ever see them do now is make out and walk around naked and drunk. It's like "Temptation Real World" now. I liked the San Francisco and the Miami season. Anyway, I hadn't kept up with The Gauntlet, but I caught the second to last episode and I wanted to watch the finale tonight. I saw a little bit. It's on MTV, though, so I'm sure they'll air it like a million more times. The same with Bands Reunited on VH1. I saw a little part of Berlin reunited tonight. It'll also be on a million more times. Honestly, the only song I really know Berlin by is "Take my Breath Away", so I can't say that I was a huge fan. Oh, I remembered "Metro" by watching them tonight. I'd forgotten about that song. I didn't watch any of the Obnoxious Fiancee but caught a show called Airline on A&E instead. I used to be a flight attendant and so this show really caught my attention. All these horrible memories came rushing back. A lot of people couldn't understand why I left "such a great job" but as for me, it was the worst job I'd ever had. If I'd stayed, I swear I would've already had a heart attack or an anxiety attack or something. This was before the September 11 attacks when people still took flying for granted. By the time people got on the plane, they'd already gotten lost, waited in lines, gotten delays and were overall in a bad mood. The only people left to take their aggressions out on were the flight attendants. Lucky me. I had people fight with me over luggage, pillows, seats, flowers, water, cinnamon, bacon, mayonnaise, going into the flight deck, trying to get out of the plane while in the air, and countless other things. Plus. I was a bilingual flight attendant so I flew into Mexico City every week. It was very dangerous there. Even cab drivers would mug people so eventually we were not even allowed to leave the hotel. I don't miss those days at all. I wonder why I didn't come up with the concept for that Airline reality show myself. Oh well, good night for now.

feeling: sleepy
watching: Conan O'Brien

No comments: