Saturday, January 17, 2004

newlyweds

Today, they aired a Newlyweds marathon on MTV. Even though I complain about this show, I watched some of it. I get it, Jessica Simpson is hot and even though I don't really like muscle-y types, I can understand why girls like Nick Lachey. What really bothers me about this show is their house. They have a beautiful house and I really don't think they deserve it. Yes, maybe I'm just jealous, but I'll give you an explanation. . . Jessica Simpson is either a great actress or she's really dumb. I think its the latter. I'm not nearly as dumb as she is, but I can't sing and I don't make sexy videos so I don't have anywhere as much money as she does. In order for me to have a house like hers without winning the lottery, I'd have to study really hard, work really hard, and save for a long time. I'm sure she put some work into her whole career, but a few months of recording, dancing and touring doesn't compare to having to go out to work a "real" job every single morning. I admit that their show is entertaining but it upsets me that they earn so much for being so dumb. And dorks like me are making them richer for watching them. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

This week I saw a report on how your house might be making you not lose weight. It seems that a lot depends on your colors, choice of music, and some other factors which I can't remember. They said that restaurant walls are always warm colors like yellow or red because those colors indicate comfort and you feel like eating a good meal. Supposedly, you should use blue in a kitchen. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but, I want for my kitchen to be warm and inviting. It also said that if you just change your refrigerator's light to a blue light bulb, it'll curb your appetite every time you open the refrigerator. This wouldn't work for me because I don't eat a lot. I just eat bad things. Plus, most of the unhealthy stuff is not kept in my refrigerator. I've been thinking about my friend Diane since I saw this report. She told me last week that she just painted her kitchen. I'm going to ask her what color but I can almost bet it isn't blue. Oooohhhh! I came across the cutest refrigerators! The Big Chill Refrigerators should be available sometime soon. Starting at $2200, I think they're too pricey, but I would love to have a few of those and can imagine how I would decorate around them! Take a look. Good night.

feeling: like I should start playing the lottery
listening to: Jason Mraz (You and I Both)

No comments: