Friday, February 06, 2004

the friday five

Here are this week's answers to the Friday Five:

1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
-probably bungee jumping

2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of?
-I actually went bungee jumping with my mom, so I don't think there's much she wouldn't approve of. She's the one trying to convince me to skydive. I guess it would be moving out of town again. I don't think my family would like it too much because they are close to the babies.

3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle)
-A few years ago, a ten definately. I went bungee jumping, white water rafting, did the piercing thing, did the tattoo thing, moved out of state on my own, all sorts of stuff. Now with a seven month old baby, it is very low, probably like a two. I now even get annoyed at speeders and too much noise when he's asleep. My concern for his safety out-weighs my need for adrenaline.

4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky?
-When I was 21, I was offered a job as a flight attendant in Phoenix. It wasn't guaranteed that I'd pass the training period (in which we were paid $100 per week) but I still moved on my own with no place to go and without knowing anyone. As a result, I got to travel to a lot of places that I would've otherwise never gone to.

5. ... and what's the worst?
-I can't think of anything, really. I guess almost getting mugged in Mexico CIty for sneaking out of the hotel. I was scared, but nothing happened so it's not that bad.

feeling: cold!
listening to: Duran Duran (Notorious)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: working harder

No comments: