Friday, February 20, 2004

uh, help please!

Dr. Seuss's birthday is celebrated on March 2nd. Brianna's school is having a big celebration and they were asked to go dressed up as their favorite Dr. Seuss character. I figure that there will be a million "cat in the hats" and half a million "thing 1" and "thing 2's". When we got home today, we started looking through many different characters and Brianna has her mind set on being a fish (from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.) I tried to talk her out of it by offering Cindy Lou Who. I figured it would be easy with some pink pajamas, some thin flower wire in her braid to make her hair look all "Seussish" and have her carry a giant candy cane. She thought about it, said no and still wants to be a fish. Ok. I have no idea where to find a fish costume. The ones I saw online are full costumes that she would not even be able to sit in. Project! Oh well, I think I'll have to make the costume myself. I have a couple of ideas in mind but if you have any, please suggest. Oh, I also have to take cupcakes. The only thing that I can think of is to make something with green eggs and ham on it, but again, if you think of something else, please leave a comment. I'm off to look for more ideas online because I really need a reason to sit here at my computer (wink, wink). By the way, I'm not answering the Friday Five this week because most of my answers would be "I don't remember". Good night!

feeling: trying to pick the best way to make a fish costume
watching: Conan O'Brien
what I should be doing instead of blogging: starting to make fish scales

No comments: