Tuesday, April 13, 2004

catching up

I was still sick last night. My throat felt like it was on fire and my whole body felt like I'd been beaten. Rodrigo has been great. I hadn't had anyone take care of me when I was sick for a long time. It feels good and honestly makes me feel a little spoiled. I still feel a bit achy but I had to take Brianna to school, so I decided to get up and clean up around here. It's amazing how much housework piles up when you don't do it for a couple of days. Anyway, I started doing that, but I'm feeling super weak. I'm just sitting here now and decided to catch up on the blogs I read and look over the memes I play. Again, I'll try to write more later if I feel up to it.

Friday Five (on a Tuesday!)
1. What do you do for a living?
-online bilingual customer service

2. What do you like most about your job?
- I get to stay at home with my kids

3. What do you like least about your job?
-I swore I'd never do customer service again but here I am

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...
-it's a very slow day

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?
-I'd love to be a teacher, have my own business, or write

Unconscious Mutterings
  1. Boxing:: match
  2. Lewis:: & Clarke
  3. Bodyguard:: Whitney Houston
  4. Burnout:: pothead
  5. Cruising:: Las Vegas strip
  6. Easter:: bunny
  7. AA:: Alcoholics Anonymous
  8. Research:: paper
  9. Redemption:: Shawshank
  10. Snickers:: bar (candybar)


Monday Madness
Let's do something with colors this week....Each question will begin with 'What color is your favorite.......'

1. Vegetable: green
2. Beverage: yellow, greenish (lemonade)
3. Room: white
4. Outfit: black
5. Mood: uh rainbow, I guess
6. Season: brown & orange
7. Fruit: red
8. Dessert: brown, beige, caramel
9. Pair of shoes: tan
10. Color????: baby blue

Tuesday Twosome
Taxes:
1. "Eek, I owe" or "Show me the money!"
-this year it was still "show me the money"

2. "Finished already" or "It isn't the 15th yet, so why rush?!"
-finished already

3. "Taxes suck" or "I don't mind because some of it goes to social causes"
-I don't mind

4. "1040EZ" or "How the heck does anybody understand all this crap?"
-how the heck....

5. "Receipts? What are those?" or "I keep everything just in case *knock on wood*"
-what are those?

TV Tuesday
1. Is there a game show (past or present) you think you would do really well on, as a contestant?
-There used to be a show on VH1 called "Name that Video" and I always knew all the answers. Even my mom used to say I should've been on that show.

2. Is there a game show you think is the stupidest thing you've ever seen?
-I don't remember the name of it but it was on no longer than a couple of years ago on ABC where the contestant couldn't have their blood pressure rise or something. ARGH. I wish I remembered the name.

3. Is there a game show you watch, but don't like to admit to watching? (A guilty pleasure!)
-I hate to admit but I'd sometimes watch "Change of Heart". Do dating shows count as game shows? I'd also watch "Press your Luck" I loved when the contestants would say "no whammy. no whammy, no whammy".

~Bonus~ Who is your favorite game show host? Who is your least favorite?
-favorite would have to be Ben Stein. Least favorite Louie Anderson.

Found this quiz via Giao.

Grammar God!
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!


If your mission in life is not already to
preserve the English tongue, it should be.
Congratulations and thank you!


How grammatically sound are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

It had to be. I didn't major in unemployment, I mean, English literature for nothing.

feeling: still a little sick
listening to: Elastica (Connection)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: resting



No comments: