Wednesday, April 14, 2004

feeling better

I feel much better today. Thanks for all of your warm wishes. I'm trying to look for a bright side of having been sick. One good thing that happens each time is that I lose weight. I guess all that "not being hungry for days at a time and even if I ate it would taste like cardboard" pays off. This morning I put on a denim skirt I have and it was so lose I could spin it around me while it was buttoned. It's a nice feeling but a heck of a way to lose a few pounds. I'd rather not lose the weight and not feel as horribly as I did the last couple of days.
So, my tastebuds are working once again and just in time! My grandfather used to sell produce and there was a guy who would sometimes help him make some deliveries. After my grandpa passed away, the guy told my grandma that he was going to open up a small "bodega" to sell produce. Now this little place is a bodega/market/restaurant and he just opened up a second shop. I love taking my grandma there because they have really good produce at a ridiculously low price. Plus, the food from the restaurant section is delicious! So, today I wasn't going to buy anything and I ended up buying potatoes, tomatoes, oranges, cantaloupe, grapefruit, key limes, and my favorite: jicama! We just had some with salt and lime. Yum! In warm weather if I had nothing to eat and drink but jicama and lemonade, I'd be just fine. My grandma bought some "jamaica" which is another drink I love. "Agua de jamaica" is a drink made from dried hibiscus flowers; a staple at my grandma's during the summer. It's delicious! Can you tell that I hadn't eaten for days?

Thursday Threesome
Onesome: Insomnia-- Ever have it? Some do and some don't, but have you ever been hounded awake for that endless hour after hour with no hope of sleep? ...or does the very act of touching head to pillow put you out for the count?
-I haven't had insomnia ever since I had Alec, but yes, I've had it before.

Twosome: the cure-- Hey, if you do have the occasional bout or chronic insomnia, what do you do about it? Work? Read? Try cures? Hmmm... Did you ever find one that worked?
-I try watching tv or reading but the one thing that always helps is when I get up and clean.

Threesome: for sleep-- Female/male, young/not so young, we all need varying amounts of sleep. What's your personal sleep cycle? Five hours? Ten hours? ...and if you had a choice, what would be your personal sleep cycle? ...and yes, "All day long" is a valid answer
-I honestly get about 4-5 hours a night. I'd like to be able to get at least six hours but first I'd like to sleep for an entire weekend.


feeling: the sun is out and I'm no longer sick!
watching: Law & Order
what I should be doing instead of blogging: looking for keylime pie recipe

No comments: