Monday, April 26, 2004

links for today

Work has been really slow lately and so I've had time to catch up on my favorite blogs and also look through various sites. Here are some of the things that have caught my eye lately . . . .
Do you have a GMail account yet? Google is now offering email. If you're a blogger user, then I'm sure you've already been offered one. I'm happy that I got one before all the names are taken. Then again, I usually don't have trouble finding availability with "helloyvetty".
I'm so glad that the Pixies are back together! On today's Yahoo Daily Picks, I love Pixies was a featured site. It reminds me of high school when I wanted to be the next Kim Deal.
Going through various blogs today, I found some pictures of Bubble Tea on the Da *Xiang site. Ok, I've never had it but it looks soooooooo good! Especially the rose milk tea. I immediately went searching for recipes. I LOVE tea and can't wait to make some of this. Here's the problem: if I want to drink tepache or horchata, I'm in the right city. For bubble tea, uh, that could be a while. I saw the ingredients that it needs and I think I have no choice but to order online. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.
Another thing on my mind right now is Brianna's hair. I've NEVER cut it before and I love it! I don't know where she got the curlies from but I think it's beautiful. Here's a picture.

Anyway, she wants to cut it. I've been putting it off and so far convincing her that it looks really pretty just the way it is. No one really wants me to have her hair cut but I feel mean. I mean, I always cut my hair and it's no big deal. It'll grow back, but I just love the way her hair is now. Am I being selfish?
Well, I'm going to work on memes and that's it for now. I didn't do Monday Madness this week because I just couldn't think of words.

Tuesday Twosome
Sleep:

1. Side of the bed: Left or Right?
-left

2. Sleep with or without covers?
-with covers. ALWAYS. I can't sleep if I'm not covered.

3. Sleep with or without night light?
-without light

4. Deep or light sleeper?
-terribly light sleeper

5. More annoying to be awoken by: alarm or phone call?
-I've never minded phone calls in the middle of the night. I mind my mom calling early on a Sunday morning. Still, an alarm is always more annoying.

TV Tuesday
1. Who is your favorite stand-up comedian of all time?
-I have a few. I love Louis Black and Jeanine Garafalo but the first time I saw Dana Carvey singing "Chopping Broccoli" I had a laugh attack. I also really like Chris Rock's stand-up routine.

2. Which one could you do without? (Not your type of humor, or just plain stupid!)
-Adam Sandler & Gallagher. What's so funny about bashing watermelons?

3. Which comedian do you think has gone on to have a great career aside from doing stand-up?
-Jerry Seinfeld.

~Bonus~ If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?
-no. Some people can really deliver a joke. I'm not one of those people. All my jokes start something like "A ____ walks into a bar."


feeling: hot
watching: Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien
what I should be doing instead of blogging: putting away clean dishes







No comments: