Tuesday, May 18, 2004

celebrity names/ tv tuesday

This past Saturday was Rodrigo's birthday. Yea! He's only a couple of months older than me, but for these couple of months, I get to call him old. He is now a very old 28 year old guy. He had the day off yesterday and we were out all day, so my days are all messed up. Yesterday felt like Sunday and today I'm lagging like a Monday. I could tell you about my weekend but I HAVE to write about this. . . . . .
What was Gwyneth Paltrow thinking?!?! I first heard on Sunday. We got together at my mom's house and my brother's girlfriend was there. Our conversation went something like this. .

Lily: "Coldplay" had his baby
me: What?
Lily: Coldplay. They had their baby.
me: Gwyneth Paltrow had her baby already?
Lily: yeah, they said it on tv. guess what they named her.
me (thinking) with Gwyneth Paltrow's style it HAS to be something elegant or classic. I imagine it's something like Claire, Emma, or Isabella
Lily: they named her "Apple"
me: huh?!?!?
Lily: Apple
me: no they didn't. yeah, right.
Rodrigo and I start joking around: What's her middle name, Dumpling? Pie? Turnover?
we all laugh
Lily: no, really. look it up online. watch, let me call Ruben (my brother)
Lily to Ruben on speakerphone: What did Gwyneth and Coldplay name their baby?
Ruben: Manzana
Rodrigo and I: Oh well, that's different. not everyone knows what "manzana" is
Ruben: no, they named her Apple I'm just saying "Manzana" so that you can understand

I still didn't believe them. When we got home, I looked it up online. I googled -gwyneth paltrow baby- and I found an article that stated that "it was reported" that she had a baby and had named her "Apple Blythe Allison". Still, I didn't believe it. I heard it on The View yesterday but not until I read this article today that I finally believed it. WHY DO CELEBRITIES DO THIS? I know sometimes we hear a name that we don't necessarily love, and you can't please all of the people all of the time, but celebrities tend to be a little more absurd than the rest of us. Poor baby. Still I think I'd rather be named Apple than any of the names of Paula Yates' daughters.

I wonder what happens in the minds of celebrities that they no longer have that little voice that tells the rest of us, "Don't do that!" Whether it's some ridiculous outfit they wear or some crazy hairstyle or even the names they give their children, why do they seem to have no judgement at all? I think I'll go be famous just to study this further. Heh heh.

TV Tuesday

On that musical note:

1. What is your favorite TV theme song?
-I like the music for the Law & Orders. We especially like that Alec now stops whatever he's doing and stays perfectly still to hear the theme. He could be in the middle of a crying fit, but the Law & Order music comes on, and he'll stop.

2. Which song drives you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote?
-The "whistling" for Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Ugh. If I hear it, it sticks in my head ALL day.

3. Which song are your proud to say you remember (most of) the lyrics to???
I have a brain full of useless information, so I remember a lot, I'll try to list some: Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, Friends, Growing Pains, Who's the Boss, Family Ties, Diff'rent Strokes, Cheers, Frasier, Golden Girls, I'm sure there's a lot more I don't even realize I know.

~Bonus~ Put the lyrics on your page (from memory), and I'll list you next week in the TV Tuesday Theme Song Hall of Fame. Don't forget to leave a comment so I'll know you posted!


"Thank you for being a friend. Traveled down the road and back again. Your heart is true you're a pal and a confidant. And if you threw a party and invited everyone you knew, you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say thank you for being a friend." -great. this song is in my head now.

feeling: just here
listening to: Godsmack (Voodoo)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: putting away clean dishes

No comments: