Thursday, May 20, 2004

bar mitzvah

The Beastie Boys have a new album. One of our local radio stations is having a "Beastie Boys Bar Mitzvah" to celebrate the album release. They will be giving away a trip to Las Vegas to the person who has the best interpretation of any Beastie Boys song so you know it will be funny to watch all these people perform. This bar mitzvah is by invitation only and it sounds like its going to be a really fun party. I'm on the guestlist for two people. Here's the problem, I can't go. It's tonight which makes it really difficult to attend. Maybe if it were on a Friday or Saturday, but it's a school night and a work night and the celebration begins at 9 pm. My parents both work tomorrow, so I don't really want to ask them to babysit. Oh well. Alma, "Diana's", Vanessa, Bonnie, (El Paso people) let me know if you want to go.

On a totally separate note, I have to tell you about a lady that I have a huge problem with. There is a grandma who goes and drops off a little girl at Brianna's bus stop. She seems pleasant enough but I can't even stand to look at her because SHE WEARS A SWEATER EVERY DAY! A sweater. Not the kind that you wear over a blouse and zip or button it up and later take off. No, a regular, thick winter sweater. This is in El Paso. We reached 100 degrees yesterday for the first time this year. I can't imagine that she's cold yet everyday she shows up with a sweater and some type of sweatpants or wool skirt. Even in the afternoon when we go get the kids. Now I look out for her everyday just to see if she's wearing one again. I hope today is the day that she shows up in a regular blouse.

feeling: I HATE MY ALLERGIES
listening to: Franz Ferdinand (Take me Out)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: painting Brianna's insect project

No comments: