Monday, June 21, 2004

Congratulations, Brianna!

Yesterday we spent a very pleasant Father's Day at my mom's. My mom made stir fry and we gave gifts to my dad, Rodrigo, and my brother. Brianna, Darian (my nephew) and Alec were playing and Rodrigo and I were given a chance to sneak off and head over to Starbucks. Yum. I love those Strawberries & Cream frappucinos.

Today was Brianna's Pre-K graduation. She was very excited last night and could hardly sleep. She was nervous about the three songs they had to perform and about holding her diploma in one hand while shaking her principal's hand with the other. How cute. So, we got to the theater and after the children were seated, parents were given a chance to get up and take pictures. I took a couple. We went back to our seats and a few kids went up to say the pledge of allegiance. Brianna was one of the chosen kids and when she was handed the microphone, I had to use all the self-control that I had to not get up and take more pictures. That's when I got all teary-eyed. I got verklempt and people had to talk amongst themselves. The ceremony went well. The diplomas were handed out and the kids sang and danced. All without anyone falling. The children were taken back to school and I was able to take a few more pictures in her classroom. Brianna received her diploma, a class picture in a frame from her teacher, a silhouette picture of her profile with her name and date, and a medallion which reads "Future College Graduate". We were informed that they would be the college class of 2021. Wow. Afterwards we went out to eat. Food was delicious but I swear they put sleeping powder in it or something because we were all sleepy right after eating. We've spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around. Brianna will be going back to school tomorrow because she will be taking a field trip to Chuck E. Cheese's for having perfect attendance. Can you tell I'm one of those annoying proud moms?


Here is one of the pictures I took. You can find more here.

feeling: Proud!
watching: CSI
what I should be doing instead of blogging: making coffee

No comments: