Thursday, October 21, 2004

gael garcia bernal

I was happy to read this article this morning about Gael Garcia Bernal. Back when I was in high school, he starred in a Mexican soap opera that my little cousin would watch and I remember thinking what a cute little boy he was. I lost track of him until about 2000 when I saw "Amores Perros". I liked the movie and remembered him. Then when I saw The Crime of Padre Amaro, I realized just what a good actor he had become. He always seems to pick contraversial roles. You should've seen the commotion that this last movie caused. Across the border, people were practically rioting at the theaters trying to get the movie pulled and not letting people in. I'm glad he's getting recognition now because he is really talented (and I'm not just saying that because I think he's hot). His new movie "The Motorcycle Diaries" is getting some really good reviews. I also can't wait until his next movie opens. It is called "La Mala Educacion" and was directed by one of my *favorite* directors, Pedro Almodovar.
Have a good day, all.

feeling: this is good coffee
watching: The Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: having breakfast

No comments: