Sunday, October 03, 2004

since I last wrote. . . . . . .

Since I last wrote. . . . . . . . . .

Alec caught a virus from one of the kids that came to his party. I was furious that someone would bring a sick kid, but . . . I took Alec to his pediatrician and I was told he had herpangina. I was given a prescription and Alec started feeling better. I felt so bad for him because he had sores in his throat and it even hurt to swallow. He was walking around with his toungue out in order to not swallow. He is much better now, though.

Rodrigo's mom finished her treatments. She was being treated for breast cancer and has now completed her chemotherapy and radiation. Rodrigo, his brothers, his sister and all the rest of us took his mom and dad out to a surprise dinner to celebrate. She was surprised and looked really happy to have all her children together. We had a good time and well, it was a very happy occasion.

Last weekend Rodrigo was fighting a cold. We didn't even go anywhere all weekend because he felt so sick. On Wednesday, he still wasn't over it and decided to stay home from work and go see the doctor. He thought he maybe had a sinus infection. Once he was there, he was telling his doctor about some other pain he'd been having and they admitted him to the hospital as an emergency. Yeah. He was having intestinal bleeding. I couldn't believe it when he told me because he'd gone to have a cold checked out and ended up in the hospital. The next day, he had an endoscopy and we found out he has an ulcer. He is now back home but has to stay on medication for four months.

Everything else is well. How are you all doing?

feeling: just here
listening to: Interpol (Slow Hands) I *love* this song!
what I should be doing instead of blogging: bathing Brianna

No comments: