Monday, September 13, 2004

party!

We finally had Alec's party yesterday. Everything turned out really well! Although we only invited family, we received more guests than what we had anticipated but all in all, we all had lots of fun. There was one issue. The cake! I totally stole this cake from the LJC blog. I had planned to make it but changed my mind because I thought I'd be too busy. I went to sooooo many bakeries and cake makers no one could make it or would charge me an outrageous price. We finally found one baker who loved the idea and agreed to make it. Only when we went to pick it up did we notice that he made round cakes instead of little mounds for the caterpillar body. Argh! I could've made round cakes myself. Oh well. That's what I get for not asking Jenny if I could borrow her idea. Besides, parties rarely turn put exactly how we expect them to. If you want to take a look at some of the pictures, you can find them here. Enjoy!

feeling: content
watching: Larry King
what I should be doing instead of blogging: laundry

No comments: