Monday, April 18, 2005

electronic devices

I've always been insane when it comes to listing and journaling. I have various journals filled with all sorts of lists. I used to be REALLY into MTV and back before TRL, there was the Top 20 Countdown. I kept a journal where I'd list the songs each week, then at the end of summer countdown and the end of year countdown. I had a Real World/Road Rules journal. I'd list the locations, the cast and for Road Rules I'd list the missions or jobs and locations. I also had an awards show journal where I listed all the nominees for various awards shows like The Grammy's and Academy Awards, their catergories, then highlighted the winners. Yes, I'm crazy like that. The last insane list I made was during the last soccer World Cup. I'd list the dates, the teams, highlight the winner and on to the semifinals, etc, etc.
I don't really have time to list insane things like that anymore (or make crazy spreadsheets) but last night when I read today's Monday Madness I just knew I had to participate. Here it is:

Let's Go Digital!

From the time you get up in the morning until the time you go to bed at night, how many different digital/electronic devices do you use on any given day? Please consider listing them, as it would be interesting to see what everyone comes up with!

...and an optional random question, because I just cleaned my mouse...
How often do you clean your mouse?


(When I wake up)
1. Alarm clock
2. Bedroom light
3. Closet light
4. Bathroom light
5. kitchen light
6. dining room light
7. Brianna's room light
8. Alec's room lamp
9. Alec's room light
10. Iron
11. Refrigerator
12. Microwave
13. Toaster
14. TV (I wanted to check the weather report)
15. blowdryer
16. curling iron
17. computer
18. printer
(Out the door)
19. car (Rodrigo says I have to include this because of all the computers used to run it.)
20. car stereo
21. air conditioner
22. cell phone
(at work)
23. time clock
24. cash vault (electronically protected and I have to enter a code)
25. computer
26. printer/validator
27. scanner for checks and deposits
28. money order/cashiers check machine
29. machine to print temporary checks
30. money counting machine
31. cash dispenser
32. tubes for the canisters (I helped for a little while in the motor bank)
33. another computer (to verify signatures)
34. phone
(off to take Alec to the pediatrician)
35. ATM
36. scale
37. digital thermometer
-again everything used in car plus cell phone-
(dropping off a prescription)
38. drive-through carrier
(at home)
39. another computer
40. tv
41. telephone (wireless and with V.O.I.P. service)
42. freezer
43. electric range
44. electric oven
45. microwave
I FORGOT THIS ONE THIS MORNING: 46. coffee maker
47. washer
48. dryer
50. light in the laundry area
51. living room light

Wow. That's a lot already and I'm sure I missed some. Things like the various lights, I've used more than once but haven't listed them. It's barely a little after 5pm so I'm sure I'll use more. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I'm sure everyone else uses just as many. Hmm, interesting.

Oh, the last question. I only only have optical mice so I don't clean them out but I clean the top. I wiped them clean last time on Wednesday. (I know because I had the day off and was "disinfecting" everything.

feeling: smart
watching: evening news
what I should be doing instead of blogging: finishing making dinner

No comments: