Wednesday, May 04, 2005

books

Read any good books lately? I know that sounds like a really unoriginal come-on but I'm really asking. I've read and re-read everything that I have right now. I want to go buy a new book but I have no idea what to read next. As long as it's not a romance novel, I'd really like to hear some suggestions. I'm getting some Dan Brown books but not for me. My mom really wants to read Angels & Demons so I'm getting that as one of her Mother's Day gifts. Also, Rodrigo's birthday is next week, so I'm getting him Digital Fortress from one of the kids. I'm sure I'll get to borrow them but for now, I feel really weird having nothing to read. Most recently I read The Catcher in the Rye for about the millionth time. I was pretty bored with it this time around. I started re-reading "She's Come Undone" but it wasn't too long ago that I read (again) so I'm not that into it. Anyway, any suggestions are welcome. Please help!

Oops, sorry. Thanks, Michelle. I guess I should've elaborated a little on my taste in books. These are a few of my favorite books. . . .

I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb: It was long and kind of tragic but I really like it
House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubuss: Again, really tragic but such a good read
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown: I love the way this book gripped me and I couldn't put it down!
The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan: Sad and beautiful and I just loved it.
100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez: I love the way he tells a story. Really reminded me of the way my older family members tell stuff. They tell you this incredibly unbeliveable story really matter-of-factly and expect you to believe it.

Hope that helps.

feeling: refreshed
listening to: Oasis (Wonderwall) I hadn't heard this song in like 50 years
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting ready for breakfast

No comments: