Thursday, July 14, 2005

checking in

Thank you for all your warm wishes! My birthday was good. We'd gone out on the weekend since it landed on a Monday. I wasn't expecting anything else then Rodrigo showed up at my work on Monday to take me a gift. Aww.
I was sitting around with my friends on Monday trying to have a rare poignant moment. I was telling them about how for more than a month I'd tried to make a "30 things I want to do before I turn 30" list but I could hardly come up with any things to list. I wanted their insight as to whether they thought I was being complacent or was just overall content. My friend Liz then asked "Do we really want to hear this"? All I could think was how incredibly rude that was but it turns out that she heard "Dirty things I want to do before I turn 30". I just started laughing and my serious moment didn't last very long.

We've been busy getting ready for the new house. The closing is supposed to be on Monday so we're really excited about that. I'm dreading moving. I want it over with already. I can't wait to be in the new house.

Brianna is in California with my parents and nephew right now. She left on Friday night and is having lots of fun. They've been to Disneyland & California Adventure twice, Universal Studios and of course the mandatory day at the beach. They spent all day at Long Beach yesterday. Today they're heading over to San Diego to go to Sea World. *sigh* I wish I was there. I love SoCal like I can't even explain. I miss Brianna but I know she's having soooo much fun. I hope all is well with everyone.

feeling: busy!
watching: JoJo's Circus (groan)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: ironing clothes

No comments: