Tuesday, July 19, 2005

closing



We had our house's closing yesterday. Well, sort of. . .
We were supposed to be there at 10:00 am. Then they called and told us to make it 10:30. Then they called us again and told us to go at 1:00 pm instead. We got there at 1:00 and they still weren't ready for us. They gave the kids some raisin cookies and entertained us with newspapers. (Oh, and by "they" I'm referring to the title company and our realtor)We were finally led into an office. Well, the closing requires signatures from both the buyers and the sellers. It turns out that the seller is out of town. He won't be back until Wednesday. Without his signature the lending company cannot pay the title company and so, we can't have the title yet. We did our part of all the reading and signing. Lots and lots and lots of papers, initials and signatures. The whole time I was running chasing Alec who kept pressing the speaker button on a telephone. He was also crawling underneath the table.
So, anyway, we have to wait until Wednesday night or Thursday until this seller guy goes and gets his end of the deal done. I really hope he was out on business or an emergency or something. If he was out on holiday I'm going to be really upset. Well, I'm upset anyway, but I hope he didn't just decide to go vacation when he knew the date of the closing. I had planned on spending the day today cleaning up the house. My mom had even agreed to go, but now we have to wait. Again. I'll keep you all posted.

feeling: still anxious
watching: Sesame Street
Hey, what gives? the Cookie Monster is singing about eating vegetables. With that guy from the Fugees. I can't remember his name but he's supposed to be "Gone til November" They apparently both love broccoli and carrots. Hmm. .
what I should be doing instead of blogging: trying to keep the kids from hurting each other

No comments: