Monday, July 18, 2005

desert rose

I was reading this article right now. It's about all the odd names that celebrities give their babies. Most are not something that I'd pick. I reminded Rodrigo that if we were to have a baby, and it was a girl I'd name her Desert Rose. He hates it. He thinks that it's as bad as these celebrity baby names. I think it's lovely, though. I like it because of U2's "In God's Country". There's a part that says "Desert Rose. Dreamed I saw a desert rose dress torn in ribbons and in bows. Like a siren she calls to me." Isn't that pretty? Rodrigo absolutely hates it. It makes perfect sense to me, though. I like the song, the meaning, the words, we live in the desert, it's unique. I love it. He says he'd name a baby "iPod" before he'd name a baby Desert Rose. I tell him that it has meaning and he says that "Pilot Inspektor" must have meaning to Jason Lee but that doesn't make it a good name. Ugh. Not the same thing. He also says that she'd always be called Dessert. I can't believe we disagree with the name of a child that I'm not even expecting. We have the same taste in a lot of things but names are definately not one of them. Coming up with Alec's name was torture. (His middle name is Julian) We didn't agree on any name until after he was born. I wanted Cristian or Nathan and Rodrigo wanted something like Pablo, Gustavo or Rodrigo. Anyway, not that I'm coming up with names or anything, but is Desert Rose really that bad a name? No one but me seems to like it. Am I just as bad as those crazy celebrities? Am I prone to naming a child Audio Science? Moxie Crimefighter?
On a totally different note, I have no idea how we're ever going to get to sleep tonight. We are excited and a little scared because tomorrow it the closing and we're signing our lives away. Oops, not tomorrow but rather later today. I had no idea what time it was. Good night. Really this time.

feeling: anxious
watching: I don't know, some movie
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sleeping

No comments: