Wednesday, August 31, 2005

mouse in the house

We have a mouse. ARGH! Now, I've always considered myself an animal lover. I was a member of an animal rights organization for years. (You can guess who, I don't want it googled onto my page. I'm not a member anymore because I think they are a bit too extreme.) Anyway, those "I love all animals" feelings are out the door right now. I want this mouse out of here. I get grossed out imagining it all over all our things. Ugh. I've never been in this situation before. Should I get a "mouse friendly" trap or just those old traps that snap down? Eww, that sounds so cruel.
As a little kid I remember there was a mouse at my house once and I caught my dad setting traps. I started crying about the poor little mouse and how we were going to trick him with cheese. I wanted him to catch it somehow and drive it over to a forest in New Mexico.
That's not the case anymore. I haven't seen this mouse. Rodrigo saw it last night. He was doing some work and said that he saw something waving like a little piece of paper. He went to see what it was and it was a piece of graham cracker. After that he saw the mouse run then he couldn't find it. He went upstairs to tell me and I thought he was playing around. Eww. I couldn't sleep well last night. I kept imagining the mouse on me. (shudder) Poor Rodrigo. I was clinging to him and didn't let go all night.
We didn't tell Brianna about it and are not planning to. I just keep imagining that stupid mouse in the pantry, in the trashcan, anywhere I go to, I keep thinking I'm going to see that mouse. Plus, he's not cute. He's no Mickey. This mouse has fangs and huge claws. :D (Ok, I haven't seen him, but that's what I'm imagining). Now that we moved to the new house and it's close to a mountain, we've seen scorpions, skunks, and mice. Oh my!
Anyway, I'm better start searching online for ways to get rid of this mouse. As much as I want it out of here I don't want to use some primitive method. Mostly because I don't want to be the one that finds it. Eww. I wish I could just march around the house playing a flute and have it follow me out.
Oh, great. Now I'm exactly the type of girl that I'd make fun of. One who would scream at the sight of a mouse. Watch out, mouse. It's on now.

feeling: MAD!
watching: the Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: eew, getting rid if a mouse.

No comments: