Friday, November 04, 2005

yvett on the verge . . . . .

I'm exhausted. What's worse is that I did it to myself. I think I tried to take on too many things at once. I haven't had a free moment in a long time. I want to catch up on my blog, on reading my favorite blogs, on replying to emails (if you've sent me one, i'm not ignoring you, replies are on the way) and on finally getting this house looking great. My first priority is of course my family but you wouldn't know it with the way the house looks right now and all the nights we've had hot dogs or pizza for dinner. Tsk, tsk. I am now "Chairperson in Charge of Teacher Appreciation" for Brianna's school's PTA so that makes me a member of the PTA board which means I have to attend the meetings and get-togethers. I am also one of the room mothers for her classroom and we are "lucky" enough to also get homework from the teacher. I do random things for the classroom like prepare folders, staple dittos together, make goody bags and whatnot. I don't mind, it just takes up time. She also seems to have so much homework, though. She's also required to take some odd stuff to the classroom. Odd I mean because I never had to take things like this to school. Just in the past couple of weeks Brianna has had to take apples, a pumpkin, pomegranates, $2, $4, $6, (aside from lunch money, snack money and afterschool care fees) a bar of soap grated on a cheese grater, an apple snack and I'm sure some other things that I can't remember just now. It also seems that all the kids in her class have their birthday at around the same time. It's been birthday party time all of a sudden with several more still to come in November and December. I don't mind dedicating time to her and her school. I just wish I had enough time to do everything. Oh, and on bragging news, Brianna just got accepted into the gifted and talented program in her school. They said it was because her mommy was brilliant. Ok, they didn't but that's what I read between the lines. Yikes, I guess this means more work.
My work SUCKS. We had an "incident" and have been on a short leash ever since. I won't say what happened because it wasn't made public but I work at a bank and our safety was threatened, you figure it out. The managers have been in an awful mood since. I know its because they get grief from their own boss(es) but the work environment is not a happy place right now. On top of everything, I've been having to close the bank more often and when I do that, I don't get out of there until about 6:30, by the time I go get the kids, we end up getting home until like 7:30 or closer to 8:00. Then I still have to help Brianna with homework, try to have a late dinner,(I say "try" because by this time the kids already ate. I give them at least a little something so that we can all sit together for a while) give the kids a bath and try to get them in bed at a decent time. Things have been just as busy for Rodrigo. He works in Las Cruces which is a town away. His company is making changes and since he is one of the programmers, he's been working late then coming home and still working on his stuff. Besides work, he's had all sorts of crazy projects which I can't explain because I don't fully understand them.
I seriously thought I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown a couple of weeks ago. I was in the bathtub late at night thinking of all the things I had to do and I felt so tired. All I could do was start crying. I sometimes think that maybe if I didn't work I'd have more time. I'm seriously considering stopping. I mean, I don't earn a lot but have to pay daycare fees, A LOT more gas for the car than if I didn't work, lunch, and not to mention that I have no time with the kids. The thing is that I've always worked. I don't know how I'd feel not working. I think I'd feel like if I was begging Rodrigo for money. He says it wouldn't be like that, of course, but I'm still not convinced. Plus, where would I get my adult conversation? I don't know what to do because the way things are going right now, I'm doing too many things and nothing has my full dedication. Jack of all trades master of none. Brianna wants to get back into gymnastics or ballet and I don't even have time to take her anymore. On the other hand, those things are expensive and without my extra income, we'd be tight.
On top of everything our dryer isn't working properly. I always have laundry up the wazoo and now I have to dry things like three times before they're fully dry. No, it's not lint. That was the first thing I checked. We'll be getting that fixed this weekend hopefully.
Ahhhh, once again I'm the Debbie Downer of the bloggy world. My next post will be cheerful, I swear. I want to post some pics of lovely goodies by blog pals have sent me. Thanks, ladies. You guys TOTALLY make my day. I've taken my goodies to show off at work and all my co-workers say they wish they had cyberfriends like you. Ani, Jenn, Giao, Leslie, you guys have no idea how much your packages and emails make me feel when I'm having a crappy day. You guys make me so happy!
For now, I'm going to get ready for another long day. I won't be out again until closing time and I work tomorrow. Ugh. Sunday we're going over to my mom's to make green enchilladas (YUM!) and do some baking. My week is already full next week. I have a field trip with Brianna's grade, Thanksgiving dinner at her school, a meeting at work, a PTA board meeting, a PTA performance for the kids, I promised my grandma to take her to the groceries and some other stores, an eye exam, closing the bank only a couple of times and guess what? NOTHING planned on Friday! The bank will be closed and no other plans. Don't worry, I'll have plenty to do at home.
With all that said, have a good weekend. . . . . .

feeling: tired, of course
listening to: The Smiths (How Soon is Now)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting Alec ready

No comments: