Monday, November 07, 2005

you'd forget your head. . . . .

My mom used to tell me that I'd forget my head if it wasn't stuck on or something like that. Seriously, I don't know anyone who forgets things more than I do. Not even my grandmother and she swears she forgets everything.
-Brianna's school had a field trip today and I had forgotten to send her money. I had to rush over to the school and pay for her.
-When we moved here, I sent out change of address cards and I sent one to my friend Diana V. to her old address. I received it back, told her about it and said I'd send it out the correct address. I forgot. Today she sent me an invitation via email and pointed out that she doesn't know my address. Oops.
-We had our power cut off once because I carried the check and envelope around in my purse. I just never mailed it out. We got home and there was no power. Rodrigo got mad, of course.
-I went to my mom's yesterday. She called me before I left and asked me to lend her my brown boots. She called me back (since she knows how I am) and told not to forget. I forgot them. She wasn't surprised.
-When my grandmother asks me for something, she'll ask me about three or four times so that I won't forget.
-I missed a mandatory work meeting once. It was my day off and I just forgot. It wasn't until it was almost over that I even remembered.
-Yesterday we went to a wholesale club and when Rodrigo opened the trunk I saw three packages that I was supposed to have sent out. I had completely forgotten about them and said the big "F" word since they were supposed to have been out at a certain time. One of them had chocolates. F*$! Oh and two of those are for people who read this. Gulp, you'll get it shortly. *blush*
-I had to call a plumber when we first moved here. Rodrigo would call to remind me every day for about two weeks. I never called.
-I left the water running in the kitchen sink once. When I remembered the whole kitchen and dining room was flooded. It took FOREVER to clean that mess up.
-I had plans to go to Brianna's Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I had even asked for time off from work. Today I found out that I've been planning the wrong date. It's next week.

I know there's a lot of other instances that I was thinking about writing but I can't remember them anymore. No joke. For those of you who know me, I'm sure you've had an experience with me forgetting something. My mom was telling me that she's really getting seriously concerned now as it now being something silly but some of sort of problem. Hmm. I don't know. I've heard that some sort of herbs help with memory. Still I'm almost convinced that I seriously have adult A.D.D. and this is just a lack of focus. I don't know. Any advice?

feeling: tired after the field trip
watching: Oprah
what I should be doing instead of blogging: preparing dinner

No comments: