Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy Birthday, Brianna!

Yesterday was Brianna's 7th birthday. I can't believe my baby is already seven and I can not believe that I am the mom of a seven year old. How funny. I knew I was going to be working all day and that I had to close the bank, so I didn't really have anything planned. My mom was talking about how Brianna gets the shaft with her birthday being right between Christmas and New Year. Poor her, she does. So, my mom decided that we'd go over for cake. Then she told more people and cake turned into dinner, cake, and gifts. A mini surprise birthday party. Brianna wanted to spend the night at my mom's yesterday so it worked out well. After work I picked her up and we rushed over to my mom's. Everyone was already there and Brianna was really surprised. By this time, it was already past 7:00 pm. We ate (of course), the kids played, Brianna opened gifts and we all had a good time.
My mom had this delicious cake for her. Well, it was more like a fruit tart. It was so pretty and tasted DELICIOUS. Brianna's godparents took her a Strawberry Shortcake cake.
It was overall a very pleasant evening and a good time was had by all. Poor Alec is now asking when his birthday is. He also wants to be sung to and to blow out candles. It's not until June, so he'll have to wait a while.
You can see pictures taken last night here.

Well, I better get going now. Take care!

feeling: old!
watching: The Koala Brothers
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting ready to leave

No comments: