Tuesday, December 13, 2005

nominations

Ooh! I *LOVE* awards season. The grammy nominations are already out (but I'm not too interested in those). Today the Golden Globe nominations were announced. I was a little surprised at the lack of nominations for Crash and Memoirs of a a Geisha. Maybe I'm out of it, but I'd never heard of "The Squid and the Whale" or "Breakfast in Pluto". Hmm.... I have lots of movies to catch up on.
As far as television, those nominations went pretty much as expected. The one actor I had heard would be nominated for sure was Jeremy Piven for Entourage but I can't find his name on that list. OH, nevermind, I saw it. There is also a show I'd never heard of . It's called Weeds. Hmm, well, I don't have Showtime.
Hey, no nominations for Shopgirl either. I thought for sure Claire Danes would get it. Oh well.
So, what was your favorite film of the year? Is it on the list? You know, I haven't really seen My Name is Earl but I think I'm going to now. I think The Office has been my favorite show this year. How about you?

feeling: wishing for snow
watching: The Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: finishing my coffee

No comments: