Tuesday, January 03, 2006

resolutions

Every year I sort of make resolutions but never really go through with anything. They're always the same ones too. . . to get really fit and get organized. I just never seem to do anything about it, though. I really, really want to do the fitness one this year, though. I'll be turning 30 this summer (EEK!) and I'd love to turn 30 looking super hot. Yes, not just fit but super hot. Think Britney Spears in the "Toxic" video. Uh, ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but you get the gist. The problem is that I have no I don't know, no will power or no motivation. I mean, I know I want to do it, I just don't know how to start.
I figure I really have to change my eating habit or lack of, rather. I don't really eat a lot. That is to say that I hardly eat real food at all. Breakfast is coffee (but with creamer) and lunch is usually hot Cheetos and a soda. Yikes. I've eaten this way for as long as I can remember. As a kid, I NEVER wanted to eat. My mom would leave me sitting at the table and I'd eventually crawl over and pour my food back into the pots and pans and tell my mom I'd eaten everything.
I've thought about starting some sort of diet. Honestly, if I just stopped eating chips and soda, I'd have no problem. The food and drink I do have are rice and cranberry juice. I LOVE BOTH. I can eat rice almost everyday. As for the cranberry juice, well, I've always loved it. I can drink a whole gallon by myself in a day. If I started a low carb sort of thing, I'd have to give up both. I'd probably go into withdrawl and get the shakes.
I also know that I should start some sort of exercise program. I was in dance for years and years. From the time I was six years old up until a few months before I got pregnant with Brianna. I took a break from dance while in high school but I had activities in high school and we'd walk to and from school. I never worried about weight until after I had Brianna. It was just never an issue. Even while I was pregnant, I didn't gain to much weight. It was until after I stop breast feeding that I wasn't able to eat anything I wanted and not gain weight.
I have something to confess. . . At this moment, I weigh more than I did when I went into labor with Brianna. ARGH! Can you even believe that? Yes, it's time to do something.
So, the tips I've gotten are to keep a journal and also to have a diet partner. I'm going to recruit Rodrigo. I doubt he'll mind.
Ok, so, have any of you done anything that has worked for you? Please share. I'm looking through all sorts of information and plans so I'd love it if you shared.

feeling: confused
watching: Little Einsteins
what I should be doing instead of blogging: some sort of physical activity

No comments: