Wednesday, February 01, 2006

m.i.a.

I hate being away from my blog for this long. I'm back now. Let me tell you about my week last week. It was BAD. Nothing really major happened but I was sooooo frustrated! Brianna's science fair is this Friday. Last week we worked on the bulk of the project. She was just being so uncooperative. Now, yes she's only in first grade but her class was required to turn in a project. There was no other way around it. Usually, she gets pretty excited about things like this, but not this time. I thought it might've been the project but she was the one who picked it. She liked doing the experiment portion of it, but didn't want to do any of the work. They also had to turn in a research paper and Brianna was just refusing to do it. We did the research together, I typed the report out for her and she just needed to copy it. Well, she didn't want to do it. She just wanted me to do the whole thing for her. There were several days of begging, asking, and finally threatening. I told her that if she couldn't handle the work, I'd switch her to another school. This, of course, made her cry. I wonder if all the work was overwhelming. Maybe it just seemed like she had a lot to do. I don't know. I don't understand it either because not all parents help their child out so much. Well, the project is at school now and will be judged on Friday. Whew.
As if dealing with Brianna wasn't enough, Alec has just been so bad these past few days. The terrible twos have hit strong around here. Just in the past week, he got into the pantry and poured honey all over his hair and clothes, poured all the bodywash into the bathtub, has started using our coffee table like a truck, locked the bathroom door twice, and has learned to open our front door.
I've felt like such a bad mom this week. I'm so horrible that there are nights when I just can't wait for the kids to get in bed so that I could take a warm bath. Can you believe that? Serenity now.

No comments: