Friday, November 24, 2006

black friday

Did any of you do any shopping today? Ugh. We stayed away from stores today. Rodrigo went to a computer store last night (yes, on Thanksgiving). They were having a sale from 6pm - midnight. He ended up leaving without getting anything. He said the lines were just entirely too long. Also, he noticed people camping out at the nearby stores. I couldn't believe it. We'd kind of wanted to go shopping, but I hate crowds as it is, imagine a crowd of that size ?!?! Being able to buy a giant plasma screen tv for ten dollars is not enough to get me to go into that mob. :) Still, if any of you went, I'd love to hear how it went for you.

4 comments:

foodiechickie said...

Last year Black Friday was a horrible experience. I don't if it was because we left the house earlier. But this year's Black Friday was a good experience. We didn't even mean to go out.

Jesser said...

i avoided any retail like the plague on blk friday. i cannot STAND crowds. even on sat, the crappy mall nearest us was PACKED (we didn't go there, just noticed the filled parking lot and xtra traffic) where it is usually dead. i like to do my shopping online.

Michelle said...

I thought about it for like 5 minutes. And I even set the alarm to wake up early. But out of the fog of the turkey hangover, I decided against it. And I'm really glad I slept in and shopped online. I went to a local mall on Saturday and it wasn't that bad. Lots of people but good spirits all around, surprisingly.

Jodi said...

I don't ever go shopping on Black Friday. I hate shopping as it is. We went to some stores yesterday though and they weren't crowded at all.