Monday, January 29, 2007

afterschool peeves

There are a few things that I've noticed when I go get Brianna from school that really bother me. I know this is going to sound like whining and complaining and I guess that's exactly what it is. . . .

- There is a couple that I have grown to hate. I know that seems harsh but I really cannot stand them. They always do something that gets me mad. This couple is a set of really irresponsible parents. They walk to and from school every afternoon. The mom was pregnant up until December. I remember seeing her thinking she must be ready to have the baby then after a weekend she was back with a stroller. They walked to school with the newborn baby. Now, I realize that Arizona in the winter is warmer than other places, but it isn't exactly warm enough to be taking a newborn for a walk. A couple of weeks ago, they took the baby without a single blanket. Fully uncovered. I don't know what they think. I mean, they're both wearing jackets. Then this last week I was FURIOUS at them. They got to the school, parked the stroller moved away a few feet and started making out like they were teenagers! Meanwhile, the baby started crying and those two wouldn't stop. The baby was crying ans screaming for several minutes. I was this close to going over and coaxing that baby myself. I don't understand why they both have to go to school. Why can't one of them stay at home with the baby? I don't think either one of them even works. They are both there in the morning and in the afternoon. Why don't they take care of her? Ugh, just thinking about them is getting me mad.

- Another thing that really bothers me are those Heelys (tennis shoes/skates) that all the kids are now wearing. I can't wait until schools prohibit those. At stores, it's been several times that I get bumped or almost bumped into by kids wearing these. I think it is inappropriate to wear them inside a store and especially at school. As soon as the bell rings and the kids cross the fence, they put their toe up and start rolling. This past week, a kid wearing a backpack did just that, fell back and landed right on his back. I see no problem with kids wearing these at parks or amusement parks. I think they'd be ideal at some place like Disneyland but at school? Come on. I sound like a grumpy old lady here, huh?

- Kids with cell phones. Ugh. Let me remind you that Brianna is in ELEMENTARY school. Yet, after school many kids walk out and start using their phone. WTF? Who do they have to talk to? Their mom is right there. I think I'd understand with the kids whose parents are at work and the parents want to know the kids are out of school or home. The ones I do see, though are either walking right next to their moms or just talking to one of the other kids they were just walking with. The oldest kids in this school are either 10 or 11 years old. Do kids this young really need a cell phone?

Ok, enough ranting for the day. . .

feeling: like a bitter old lady
listening to: RHCP (Snow, Hey Oh)

4 comments:

foodiechickie said...

It's ok we all have our peeves.

Yvett said...

BWAH! Ha! Ha! I have to agree with Matt, it's probably not a good idea right now.

African Kelli said...

Ah yes. Children with cell phones are completely baffling to me. I wish I didn't own a cell phone!

Jodi said...

I think every peeve you have here is valid!