Friday, January 12, 2007

still here!

I had a super long post planned, but you guys are going to have to settle for this one. Since I last wrote . . . .

- I helped at a very . . uh, different winter party at Brianna's school
- we went to Texas for the holidays
- we ate a lot
- Brianna turned 8 years old
- I was foolishly mobile posting from Texas using the wrong Blogger account (hence my lack of Christmas posts)
- I'm actually keeping my resolution so far
- we got new bedroom furniture for Brianna

Every year I make some sort of half assed resolution just because it's the thing to do. I've never actually kept one. This year, I was adamant about really doing what I've wanted for while . . . . mega organizing. I've wanted a place for everything for the longest time. The problem was that we just have so many papers and Rodrigo has so much computer stuff. This year I decided that I wouldn't allow myself to do something I enjoy until I actually did what I was set to do that day. I decided I wouldn't be an active bloggy girl until I did as much organizing for that day as I had set out to do. BIG CHANGE! Boxes of papers (old receipts, bills, and things we no longer need) were all shredded, all the papers we do need are filed and labeled, the closets are cleaned out, the kids drawers and toy boxes are cleaned out, pictures are sorted and ready to be placed in scrapbooks, just so many things. I am sooooooo happy! Anyway, I'm satisfied at how I haven't slacked so far so I decided to pop in. So far, so good so I think I won't have to force myself to be an absent bloggy so much anymore. I hope all is well!

Here is a little mosaic of the time I've been away. . . .

5 comments:

foodiechickie said...

Glad all is well.

S said...

Yeah! I broke out the old shredder myself. It makes you feel great to get rid of that stuff :)

Jodi said...

Happy New Year! I need to do that organizing thing too. Maybe you'll inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring. I'm trying, maybe I should try your technique.

Michelle said...

yay for organizing! With all this indoor time on my hands, I'm slowly getting more and more organized. so many receipts to shred....I guess I need to empty the shredder too...oops.

And welcome back! Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday.