Thursday, February 08, 2007

book & music memes

I have nothing to write about. Well, I do but I'm not in the mood. :) Anyway, I've had a few of these memes for a while. I'd either seen these somewhere else or had them emailed to me. I'll do these instead. Play along either on your page or shoot me an email. It's always fun to see other people's answers. . .

Book Meme

1. A book that changed your life:
Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs - It made me really appreciate my childhood.

2. If I could only recommend one book it could be:
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - If you've read it, you know why. If not, read it.

3. Favorite Chick Lit Book:
I don't really read "chick lit" but I guess it would be either of the Bridget Jones books by Helen Fielding

4. A book you've read more than once:
I read most of my books more than once.

5. A book that made me giddy:
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

6. A book you wish you had written:
Any Hemingway book. I think his style is something that most anyone could've done. That I could've done and I'd have been that famous. And drunk. I think he was very lucky to have been the first or best known.

7. A book that wracked you with sobs:
The only books that have made me cry are House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

8. A book you are currently reading:
Snow by Orhan Pamuk

9. A book you've been meaning to read:
Mother of Pearl by Melinda Haynes - I've owned it for years but have never read it.

10. A book you started but could never finish:
Mother of Pearl (same as above) and the Purgatory book of The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri

11. A book sitting on your bookshelf that you haven't read...yet:
same answers as #10

12. Books I've read and liked but actually don't own:
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - my brother lost it back when he was in high school and I never bought it again. Also the Complete Edgar Allan Poe collection. I lent (would this be "lent" or "lend"?) it out and never got it back.

13. Books I've read and once it was finished thought, "What's the big deal?":
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd and The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards

iPod Meme
I'm going to play along using my Mini iPod

SOUNDTRACK OF YOUR LIFE
IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here’s how it works:
Open your library (iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod, etc), Put it on shuffle, press play. For every question, type the song that’s playing. When you go to a new question, press the next button

1. Opening Credits: A Crow Left of the Murder - Incubus
2. Waking Up: Mis Impulsos Sobre Ti - Aleks Syntek
3. First Day At School: New Slang - The Shins
4. Falling In Love: In My Place - Coldplay
5. Fight Song: Break Your Heart - Natalie Merchant
6. Breaking Up: Never is a Promise - Fiona Apple
7. Prom: Six Underground - Sneaker Pimps
8. Life’s Okay: Van Dieman's Land - U2
9. Mental Breakdown: Time is Running Out - Muse
10. Driving: Smile Lines - Incubus
11. Flashback: Wave of Mutilation - Pixies (the slow version)
12. Getting Back Together: Fiebre - Fobia
13. Wedding: Suedehead - Morrissey
14. Birth of Child: Southern Girl - Incubus
15. Final Battle: Sunday Morning - No Doubt
16. Funeral Song: Beast of Burden - Rolling Stones
17. Breaking Up: Lemon Meringue - Poe
18. Sex Scene: I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor - Arctic Monkeys
19. Chillin: Stinkfist - Tool
20. Studying: Best of You - Foo Fighters
21. Sleeping: Speed of Sound - Coldplay
22. End Credits: Eres - Cafe Tacuba

I really liked the way a lot of these turned out. I'm sure it works for everyone, since after all, our iPods/music players have music we chose for ourselves. Play along.

feeling: I have a lot to do today
listening to: Eres (Cafe Tacuba) <-- it's still on

No comments: