Friday, May 04, 2007

yvett the internet addict

You don't realize how much you rely on the internet until you aren't able to use it. Our isp had been really slow lately and finally this week we hardly even able to connect at all. I thought it was alright since with the moving, I had a lot of other things to do than be looking for old music videos on you tube. I knew I needed to ask this house's owner about the utility transfer. I have her contact information in my email. Strike one. Then I needed to schedule the set up dates in the new home. We pay all our bills online so I don't actually have paper bills. I needed to look up the phone numbers online. Strike two. I wanted to look at rates for moving trucks. Was I actually going to have to look up phone numbers in a directory and call to ask about rates? Strike 75. Yesterday I wanted to make a pasta dish whose recipe I'd seen online. Tuesday, I think, I wanted to email Rodrigo the 30 day notice letter so that he could tell me what he thought. I realize that I've become too dependent on the internet. I use it for everything. I think I should write down phone numbers and such. Well, you know, I say that now. A service guy came out this morning and I back on. Whew. I was this close to pulling out a notebook.
* All kidding aside, I actually do have a notebook where I'm writing down all the things that need to be done for the move. As of this week, I also have contact information written on there. I'm not that bad.

feeling: internet access, finally!
listening to: The Bravery (Time Won't Let Me Go) <-- The Bravery, Silversun Pickups, Chris Cornell, The Used, Sum 41 and Authority Zero and in town tomorrow. I'm not going. :(

3 comments:

foodiechickie said...

I hear ya! We were down at work for three weeks. I would run to the copy shop for work and sneak a peek at the blogs. And now some sites may be blocked permanetly! Acck!

Jodi said...

I'm so bad too. I've been really busy this week and am behind in updating my photo site and my blog, not to mention reading blogs. I've been dreaming about blogging...pathetic.

Jesser said...

Ugh. I hear ya!! It went out at our hotel for the last half of our trip and that was bad enough, but when you're in the day-to-day and you need it to get stuff done ... that's when it's intolerable.