Monday, September 17, 2007

psst . . . .

Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of blogging? I've been pretty busy around here. Not any one thing in particular, just everything. Plus, I've been making myself stay away from the computer as much as possible in order to do the things I feel I need to do. In the time I've been away . . .

- We went to Texas for Labor day weekend to hang out with our families. Came back and were totally off on dates.
- Received an awesome, awesome goody box from the awesome, awesome Jenn.
- Helped chaperon a field trip for Alec's pre-k class. I'd like to say I won't do that again, but there's another one coming up.
- Had the first parent/teacher conference with Brianna's teacher. All's well.
- Discovered an amazing local market.
- Had some yummy barbecues at home.
- Had a hard time separating myself from Mr. Harry Potter.
- shopped, shopped, shopped some more
- have been going CRAZY trying to get the kids to agree on a Halloween costume. When I was a kid, I would've loved for my mom to make me a costume. She always bought those horrible plastic costumes that you could hardly breathe in. These kids refuse to let me make their costumes. WTF?
- Have made about a dozen attempts at updating my blog, saved several drafts but never finished.
- Received a few emails asking if I was ok. Aww. . you love me.
- Watched the VMA's. The first time around, before all the hype. Was shocked and sad.
- Have been trying to get our garage looking like something out of Mission Organization.

That's all I can think of now. I've been neglecting my bloggy reads, so I'll trying to finish here and do that now.

feeling: busy
listening to: the new Beck song

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy bee. Glad you are ok. I figured you were busy. That market you found looks neat.

Ani

Jesser said...

Ahhh excellent. I figured you were just busy (a feeling I'm all too familiar with these days), but I'm glad to know for sure!

Bailey said...

Welcome back. I kept checking and checking for new posts, but figured it's been a busy time for everyone with kids going back to school. It's good to hear everything is going well for you. Maybe all of us will update more often now that the summer is over.

Michelle said...

So glad to see a new post! I've been worrying furiously about your strange water bill. :P

Lots of people taking a blog-break in August. Seems to be the thing.